Hope(less) by Melissa Haag

Synopsis
Our world is being judged and we remain unaware.

In a world filled with people, Gabby is uniquely alone. The tiny sparks she sees in her mind represent the people around her, but she doesn't know why she sees them.

A chance encounter leads her closer to answers she's struggled to find, and into a hidden society where fur is optional.
Review

 I am reluctant on reading this book at first because I am not anymore a fan of werewolf characters/books, I just thought those already past their prime, but reading the first part of this book made me rethink my assumption, moreover, finishing it made me conclude that I was wrong. Werewolf books aren't past their prime yet! Hope(less) still has an effect on me and I've been fangirling ever since I've finished it.  

I must say the beginning of the novel was not well paced, at first I thought it was slow, Gabby and Sam met each other, they became friends and Sam introduced her to his werewolves pack and then suddenly <b>*BOOM*</b> it jumped 2 years! That was a pretty big time loop, I wasn't able to see the development in Gabby and Sam's relationship, they just became close and she trust him like a family. But the middle part up to end was good it showed the development of each character, and the slow development on Gabby and Clay's relationship.

The reason I was hooked again with werewolves is the way they were described in this book. They are not some uncontrollable ill-tempered creatures who will throw themselves into a fight once they get annoyed. They have a reason why they throw themselves into a fight and that is to find their mate. Yeah, they were desperate to find the girl whom they can feel this irresistible pull and hopefully make a tie with her. I think the loveliest part of this mate finding and tie bonding is the courting that has to be done by the wolf until the girl claims him and finally seal the tie. 

I love the courting part all because of Clay! He's the man (or the dog)! Let's face it! Clay isn't the most ideal leading man, he looks filthy with his long hair that covers his eyes and long beard that covers his mouth but his thoughtfulness and patience for Gabby to claim him was really awesome, it made him the ideal man not by his looks but by his big heart. 

The undoubtedly best part of this book was the subtle romance between Gabby and Clay. When Gabby met Clay she surely felt a strong pull towards him, but the pull did not affect the progress of their relationship because Gabby remain reluctant on claiming him because of her dreams. Though Gabby's feelings grew gradually, still Clay willingly and patiently court her until she was 100% sure of him. This is another unique from this book because their love wasn't artificially made by the pull but it was naturally developed over time. 

I noticed there are few misspelled words that need to be corrected,but that's okay because it doesn't affect how I feel for this book! I think this is pretty amazing, it gives another dimension for werewolf books and supernatural people like Gabby. I give this book 4.5 stars and 5 stars for the wonderful author Melissa Haag! I feel lucky that it's already April, I don't need to wait long for the book 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment